HBS, J&J and Recent News
A quick rundown of recent announcements and news here at Pistachio Consulting…
Clients and Projects
- Welcome, new Pistachio client Johnson & Johnson
- Todd Defren and I are excited to officially announce that SHIFT Communications is hosting Pistachio Consulting as “specialist in residence.” In return for sharing space (and inspiration) in their beautiful offices in the New Balance building in Brighton, I’m working with their executives and teams on what Twitter can do for SHIFT’s clients. Since a majority of SHIFT-ers already Twitter, it’s awesome to dive right into sophisticated and strategic ideas that can rock out what they do for their clients.
- Twitter for business comes to Harvard Business School. Prof. Andrew McAfee’s students will work with Twitter and enterprise microsharing tools throughout the semester, then provide a rigorous grilling about the business applications and cases we’re seeing when I guest lecture in April.
- I’m also speaking at Boston’s ICA April 4th in a special AIGA program around the Shepard Fairey exhibit.
- I also spoke recently for MITX and Jeff Pulver’s Social Media Jungle
- CoTweet I’m proud to join Jerry Michalski and John Loftus on the advisory board of business Twitter management tool CoTweet, working with the founders as they launch a six-month cohort of major brands – including Best Buy, Ford, JetBlue, Hershey, Intuit, Rotary, Sprint and more – testing out the tool.
- TipJoy We had such a great time collaborating on the @WellWishes campaign (thanks all — YOU raised $25,000 and a whole lot of awareness for Charity: Water!) that Ivan and Abby Kirgin invited me to become an official advisor to TipJoy alongside Chris Sacca. I’d been looking for Twitter to get its own payments system for a long time, and have very high expectations for TipJoy.
- Society for New Communications Research included me in their 2009 Fellows lineup, along with Pistachio collaborator and Fast Company blogger Marcia Conner. Congrats to all the new Fellows, it’s an amazing roster.
- Monitor Talent signed me to their roster in December. Contact Mel Blake for high-energy, high-level briefings on Twitter’s business significance. It was completely humbling to meet folks like Dan Ariely, Dan Gillmor, Ethan Zuckerman and dozens more at their Access to Minds event.
Press and Publications
- Mainstream media attention to the business use of Twitter is at an all-time high. Just my own personal recent clips alone include CIO Magazine, MassHighTech, , , NECN, NPR, and CNET.com. Look for , WSJ and the GQ (UK) soon, too.
- TouchBase Blog and LinkBlog — Articles, ideas, case studies and links to what businesses need to know about Twitter and microsharing. Don’t have time to scour the social web for that latest information or sort through piles of Twitter news to discern what businesses need to know? We’re your one-stop-shop. Follow @touchbase to find out when we post or add valuable bookmarks to our TouchBase Link Blog (Delicious account). Tamar Weinberg holds house and home together on all of the above as our Editor in Chief alongside more than 25 AWESOME contributors and guest bloggers.
- Twitter for Dummies (old news, but never formally announced) We are writing Twitter for Dummies. I’m thrilled to be working with Michael Gruen (who is also on Pistachio’s advisory board) and Leslie Poston. The book is due out in July, and there’s a even a brainstorming community where you can add your ideas. Also follow @dummies on Twitter for updates when we have them.
We have some great stuff coming up – things that will add business value really cost-effectively, including webinars, hands-on trainings and seminars (starting in NYC) and a new series of white papers and eBooks on the business use of Twitter, enterprise microsharing and more. Also, look for us to (finally) post a team page soon to let you meet the people working hard behind the scenes over here. Speaking of “behind the scenes,” I hope to have even bigger news soon…